*Special post by Sandbox Consulting
Online marketing moves at the speed of light. To keep up, one needs a strong foundation with enough judgment to think critically, act independently, and be relentlessly creative. However, if you don’t understand the process of marketing, then no amount of textbooks and online video tutorials can help you keep up. We will provide an extensive and comprehensive introduction of what online marketing is all about. This is not only for first-time marketers and small business owners but also for experienced entrepreneurs and marketing managers in need of resources to train their direct reports. Here are a few points to better explain online marketing.
- Customers, prospects and partners are imperative to the success of any business, and a marketing strategy needs to be built around these entities. The first step is to understand the desires of the customers, which can be a challenge. Understanding what your audience wants, along with building personal connections and crafting customer value propositions, will funnel back to return on investments (ROI) for your company.
- Growth frameworks are what excellent marketing managers will focus on to place their marketing strategy in a sustainable and ROI friendly revenue generator for your business. Keep an eye on metrics to build a stable revenue stream. With this done, you can then develop your brand by cultivating a story that will appeal to a customer’s emotional and rational aspects. An excellent background story will help build customer relations and strengthen them.
- Having the most fantastic website with an inviting landing page, exciting blogs and products and is easy to use means nothing without traffic. The growth of your business will stagnate and fall flat; however, there are free and paid acquisition frameworks that can do wonders for a website. Besides attracting traffic to your site, you need to invest the time in building a strategy for driving sales. Conversion optimisation is the practice of converting first-time visitors into customers and converting first-time customers into repeat buyers.
- Search engines such as Google and Bing are powerful tools for connecting with new audiences. If your website does not meet their requirements and criteria of excellent user experience, it will rank lower on the results page. A strong SEO strategy is to make sure your website content and products are the best they can be. Next is to communicate that user experience information to search engines, so the site ranks in the right place.
- Paid marketing is an effective strategy, and it includes Search Engine Marketing (SEM), online advertising, or pay-per-click (PPC) Managers use traffic purchased through online ads, but it costs money. But other methods to attract traffic, when used correctly, can be useful. Do not just rely on automation but balance it with a human-to-human connection to make the customer more comfortable. Affiliate marketing is an excellent solution for businesses that are risk-averse or don’t have the budget to spend on upfront marketing costs.
Online marketing may seem like a lot, but it is simple to understand and can help your business reach new heights. It is good to remember that online marketing is a long-term process that will gradually yield results. Its not an overnight solution but it is crucial.