Have you ever experienced the frustration of having a slow website, with poor GTMetrix Score, and bad user experience, because your webmasters didn’t optimize the images being uploaded?
This is a typical situation for most small businesses, creatives, or individuals running websites. Why? Because it’s hard to find a free website image optimizer that does the job well. It’s even harder to find one that automatically gets rid of any broken images. And last but not least, a tool on the fly will do all these things for you in real time.
We can help fix this problem with our maintenance plans, which includes powerful image optimizer CDN with on-the-fly processing.
How Our Maintenance Plans Benefit You:
– Get an image optimizer and CDN from us for your domain with the purchase of a maintenance plan.
– Use our powerful image optimizer at no additional cost when you subscribe to one of our maintenance plans, which allows for many other benefits such as access to our support team!
Why is it important to optimize images in wordpress?
Images are usually the largest files on a website and can slow down your site.
This is why it’s important to optimize images in wordpress so that they load quickly, don’t take up much space, and look good!
How do you optimize image size for wordpress?
The most effective way would be using an image optimizer plugin like Smush or Imagify but this isn’t always possible because of other plugins installed which may interfere with these tools. Fortunately there is also another solution: optimizing images on-the-fly with a CDN (Content Delivery Network) such as Cloudflare or Amazon AWS CloudFront. This method relies less heavily on server processing time instead of waiting until after the page has loaded before optimizing the image.
Our state of the art image CDN not only improves your overall SEO score, but also provides lossless image compression to help you minimize your image sizes.
What is the benefit of using an on-the-fly optimizer?
When it comes to images, we know that a size does matter! Not just for bandwidth, but also processing power and load time. For this reason we want to reduce our image file sizes as much as possible without sacrificing quality or visual appeal – which can be done by taking advantage of our CDN’s powerful lossless compression technology on-the-fly. Here are some more benefits:
o Reduced server footprint (you will likely have less CPU usage since images won’t need to be processed so heavily)
o Better loading times because browsers do not need to wait before they start rendering pages with optimized assets in your website
Optimize Your Images Before Uploading to WordPress
The different Image File Formats Available
Image File Formats Available: We offer JPGs and PNGs in all shapes and sizes; however, because these formats are not as optimized as SVG or WebP images, they often have larger file sizes when compared with other more efficient formats like GIFs or JPEG XR (losslessly compressed). In contrast, SVGs and WebPs don’t lose any quality during this process due to their vector base.
What is a CDN?
A content delivery network (CDN) caches your web assets and distributes them to edge servers all over the world.
This allows for very fast loading time for your website, and also has the added benefit of reducing load on your server.
How to Improve Loading Time with a CDN?
To improve loading time for an image:
– Choose PNGs or JPEGs that are not losslessly compressed (JPG is recommended). This will avoid unnecessary file size increases from compression when our files are being served to your visitors.
– Use a PNG with high quality encoding
– Reduce the number of colors in an image
– Avoid using GIFs as these formats are not losslessly compressed.
What is On The Fly Optimization?
An on the fly optimizer will compress your images to their smallest size without changing their appearance, while also significantly reducing download time for visitors viewing them. It does this by examining each pixel underneath layers of data (like .png) instead of reanalyzing all pixels every time it compresses. This gives you smaller files that don’t lose any visual detail during compression!
Optimize Your Images – How To:
You can optimize your own images or wait until our maintenance plan takes care of it for you.
Doing the image optimization yourself means you waste a lot of time, as you have to optimize each image individually, one by one.
You can upload your images in the right format and dimensions for us to optimize them automatically during our maintenance plan time frame (usually monthly). You also need to decide which thumbnails you want displayed on your blog posts – these will be optimized too!
Image Optimization Tools
There are a lot of tools out there that claim they’ll do this job for you, but I don’t recommend any of them because not only is it tedious but sometimes doesn’t work correctly either. Why trust an automated tool when we’ll take care of it all with our powerful CDN?
Benefits Of Using An On The Fly Image Optimizer And CDN
- You just need to upload your image once and our optimizer will do the optimization for you.
- You can use our maintenance plan to optimize all your images in bulk and we’ll take care of it for you!
- The images optimized by our CDN will always look good on your blog posts.
Benefits of using a CDN:
- – Images load faster, saving you time and money on bandwidth.
- – You can access images from any device in the world with an internet connection.
- – Cost effective for small businesses – no need to purchase expensive servers or pay monthly fees to host photo libraries like Flickr and Instagram!
- How does our image optimizer work? It detects what kind of file type it is (jpg, png, gif) and converts them into the smallest possible size while maintaining quality so that they look good when shown as thumbnails on your blog post pages without eating up too much space on your server’s hard drive. With this powerful software we’re able to optimize the images on the fly super fast, so you don’t have to upload new images every time the size of your blog post changes.
– Now it’s easier than ever before, and affordable, to use a CDN with an on the fly image optimizer for all your website needs!
When optimizing images in WordPress:
– Save space by uploading smaller versions (e.g., jpg) instead of larger ones that are better suited for printing or desktop viewing (e.g., png).
– Avoid costly bandwidth charges from CDN providers like Amazone Cloudfront when downloading large files that may not be needed – such as high resolution photos which can often take up several hundred megabytes after compression done right.
Lossy vs Lossless Compression
– Lossy compression: This is a type of data reduction, and it reduces the quality of the image. It’s good for getting rid of file size without sacrificing too much accuracy or detail in your images (e.g., JPEG). You should use this if you’re just going to be displaying them on screen because it doesn’t really matter as long as they look ok to people viewing them from their monitor.
– Lossless Compression: If that sounds like something you would want then do not compress your image with lossless encoding since this will create greater quality at smaller sizes without any visual “loss” from doing so. That means there won’t be any visible difference between an uncompressed photo and one that has been compressed
With our solution, you can choose whether you want lossy or lossless compression, always being in control of the quality and performance of your website’s content.
Lazy Load Images:
A lazy loading image is an asset that’s not loaded until the user scrolls over it. This can be very beneficial for large-scale websites with lots of images, because it saves on bandwidth and speeds up page load times by only fetching content as needed
We offer this feature natively in our WordPress plugin which will automatically detect when a visitor has scrolled past your specified trigger point to optimize the experience of viewing your site or blog post.
We cache images at the edge of our CDN so that your visitors can load them more quickly.
The CDN is distributed in over 100 data centers around the world, giving you a global edge on image loading times and speeding up how often images are served from our servers to users visiting your site or blog post.
We’ve made it easy for you to use high-quality imagery by including an image resizer tool which will automatically detect when an uploaded image exceeds WordPress’s maximum upload size of 20MB without any loss of quality (if using Lossy compression). With this feature enabled, we’ll resize all those large PNGs into smaller JPEGs so they don’t take up too much space on your server and keep page load speeds fast!
We support resizing the original image as well as all the thumbnail resizes, so your web pages are blazing fast and loads in seconds.
Ease Of Use:
Using this service is as simple as uploading an image file either through SFTP or by dragging and dropping it onto the page editor window within WordPress. It doesn’t matter if you use the Gutenberg editor, Elementor, WPBakery, or any other page builder, our plugin is compatible with all of them. You just have to upload the image, and we will do all the heavy lifting for you.
Remove EXIF Data
EXIF Data is a form of metadata that can be embedded in a digital image, which you might not want for privacy reasons. You have to make sure your images don’t contain any private information like names and addresses or anything else sensitive before they are uploaded.
By removing the EXIF data from your images, our CDN plugin will automatically optimize the file size.
Supercharge your website today !
Get in touch with us today and tell us about the challenges you’re facing optimizing your wordpress images and getting your GTMetrix Score to an A !
Our team of wordpress experts will be able to find the perfect solution for your site.
Call us now !
If you want to optimize images, contact our support team today at: [email protected] or schedule a call with our MD at https://www.gws-technologies.com/meet-david-commarmond/. We will be able to help you find a wordpress solution that is right for you and answer any questions about image optimization on WordPress sites.
You can also send an email through our Contact Us page here: [https://www.gws-technologies.com/contact-us/]
Contacting Support Today!
We’re happy to provide support in case of problems with the plugin as well as general wordpress issues related to optimizing images on websites. Send us an email by using this form on our website: [https://www.gws-technologies.com/contact-us/].